On behalf of our students' group, “Open Light Project”, I would like to invite you to attend our event: “Inclusive Knights for the Visually Impaired Community”. The event is scheduled on Tuesday, February 28, 2023, from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM. It will take place on the first floor of the UCF Student Union Building (Main Campus).
Parking will be readily available in Garage A. (Please doublecheck with UCF parking services that your plate is enabled for daily parking 28 February 2023 or get daily permit with them) Click for Parking Services at UCF
Main Purpose: To inform students, faculty, and staff about the importance of preventive health, with a focus on vision health.
Talking points to cover and activities:
● Why is it important to check your vision regularly.
● What roles nutrition plays in vision.
● How can smoking and other unhealthy habits affect vision health.
● What types of conditions and diseases can be detected early.
● What conditions can be treated.
● Interactive activities, such as learning how to read braille texts, how vision exams work, and opportunities to learn about guide dogs.
We will be providing a comfortable space at the Student Union where institutions will be offered tables to spread awareness and reliable information to all visitors. Guest speakers, and visitors alike, will be invited to discuss, ask questions, and learn from each other.
A Question and Answer session, as well as the majority of the event, will be live streamed on YouTube, for attendees that could not be present. To conclude the event, a symbolic, “Tree Planting Ceremony”, will be held by one of our guest speakers. We hope to see you there. If you have any questions, please contact the “Open Light Project” student leader, Homero Daniel Rodriguez.
1) Before attending the event, get a virtual parking permit at UCF Official website for 28 February 2023. Click for Parking Services at UCF
2) Drive to UCF and get a spot at Garage A Navigation Link (Click google Maps)
3) Walk to Student Union Building First Floor Student Union Building UCF ( Click Google Maps)